The main objective of the livestock sector is to ensure availability of milk, meat, eggs and livestock products to meet the requirements of growing population in Pakistan. The strategy to achieve a breakthrough has to be focused on enhancement of per unit productivity of livestock rather than increasing its number. Besides low generic potential and poor management the scarcity of animal feed resources in general and seasonal shortage in particular in rain fed and mountainous regions & lack of focus on capacity building on continued basis are the major constraints in the promotion of livestock sector in the country. Nothing can be achieved without trained and qualified manpower especially the Veterinary graduates. Riphah College of Veterinary Sciences, Lahore will play a leading role in improving the veterinary education in the country.
DVM Degree objectives:
- Improve quality of Veterinary services.
- Enhance access of farmers to veterinary services at village level.
- Promote modern livestock production techniques.
- Ensure technology transfer for better livestock production. Establish worth of qualified veterinarians.
- Protect Animal Health and reduce production losses.
- Create awareness of farmers through extension education.
- Advocate significance, importance and role of Livestock production in poverty alleviation at village level.
- Enhance trust and reliance of qualified veterinarians. Increase number of qualified veterinarians.