- Financial Aid and Scholarship
Financing of a student's education is a commitment involving the student, his or her family and our institution. Riphah international University (RIU) gear all efforts towards assisting as many students as possible within its limited resources. Financial assistance is offered to students with demonstrated need. A large number of financial assistance opportunities are available to undergraduate/Postgraduate students at RIU based on need and merit. These include tuition fee waivers and scholarships.
Following are the details of Scholarships available for RICAS students:
- Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS), a project of PEEF
The Punjab Endowment Education Fund (PEEF) is providing financial scholarships to students ranging from secondary school to PhD classes. The motive behind SSMS scholarship is tocreate a pool of talented Pakistani youth amongst the less privileged section of society; contributing towards economic and social development to realize the dream of moderate, progressive and prosperous Pakistan.
- Highlights of Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS)
- 30 PhD Foreign Scholarships per year;
- 1000 Master’s Level Local Scholarships per Year;
- 1000 Scholarships per anum, 90% for Punjab Students, 10% for other federating units (Based on Student’s Domicile);
- 80% for Science Subject and 20 % for Arts subjects;
- Eligibility Criteria;
a. Pakistani National
b. Minimum 60% marks or CGPA 2.5
c. Declared monthly income of parents up-to Rs. 75,000
d. Age limit no more than 28 years
e. Must not be getting other scholarship from any other source
f. In-case of passing any Masters discipline MA, MSc, MS, M Phil). The applicant will not be eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Documentation Submission Requirements;
b. In-case the applicant’s father / mother is a serving or Retired Government Officer, the monthly salary slip / pension book or any other income certificated is attached along.
c. In case of own business tax returns of last year along with original bank statement for last six months.
d. Attested CNIC copies of parents (father/mother).
e. Attested copy of all education documents.
f. 4 x passport size photograph with blue back ground.
g. Attested Copy of Domicile.
h. Hostelized students must attached attested copy of hostel certificate from hostel warden / superintendent.
i. Emergency / contact number of blood relative and self
j. Original utility bills for last three months both for rental and owned house.
Note: Two sets of documents need to be submitted 1. Original 2. Copy
2) Salam Scholarship for Students securing Top Five positions in Open Merit Admissions List:
Students admitted on open merit seat in any program of RICAS. He/she has secured a position (1st. to 5th) in Open Merit List of respective Program at the time of admission in RICAS.
3) Musabiqat Scholarship for Top Three Positions in University Exams in Riphah University:
Bonafide students of RICAS shall be eligible for this scholarship. Students who have secured minimum CGPA of 3.71 in university exam of RICAS. There are 3 scholarships under this scheme. Top three students of a class of respective program will be awarded scholarship as per following criterion:
Category GPA Range Amount of Scholarship (PKR)
- Category-1 3.91 to 4.00 Rs.6,000/-
- Category-2 3.81 to 3.90 Rs.4,000/-
- Category-3 3.71 to 3.80 Rs.3,000/-
4) Mumtaz Scholarship for Students securing Top 20% positions in University examinations of RICAS
Bonafide students of RICAS shall be eligible for this scholarship. Top 20% enrolled students of a class of respective program who have passed the final exam of respective semester can avail this scholarship. Students must have secured minimum CGPA of 3.50 and above in university exam. The number of scholarships under this scheme is dependent upon the number of students enrolled in the class. There are scholarships available under this scheme equal to 20% of the enrolment in the class excluding the demotes. Student eligible for scholarship under this scheme will be awarded Rs. 8,000/- .Top three position holders will also be awarded this scholarship in addition to the amount provided to them under Scheme-3(i.eMusabiqat Scheme).
5) UsraAssistance ship for Siblings of RIU:
Students studying in RIU shall be eligible for this assistanceship. Students will be awarded assistanceship only if his/her real brother or sister is studying in any program of the RIU. Assistanceship on kinship will be awarded to brother/sister admitted letter. Under this scheme assistanceship will be awarded on tuition fee as per following criterion:
Scholarship allowed to% age of Scholarship
- 2nd brother /sister 10% of Tuition Fee
- 3rd brother /sister 20% of Tuition Fee
- 4th brother /sister 30% of Tuition Fee
6)Wali Assistanceship in case of Parents Death:
Student studying in any institution of RIU or IIMCT. Students of Affiliated institutes shall not be eligible for any scholarship / assistance ship. Parents (i.e. Sponsor) of the student deceased after his/her admission in RIU. Under this scheme student will be entitled for 50% assistance ship on tuition fee in case of WaliAssistance ship. Extent & number of all above financial assistance ship will be the discretion of Financial Assistance Committee. Assistance ship will be awarded for one academic term/semester at a time. The candidate shall have to apply again in the next academic term/semester to get the assistance ship again. For assistance ship in 2nd semester onward student has to achieve CGPA of 3.20 in final exam of each semester else penalty on assistance ship will be imposed as given at the end of this policy.
How to Apply
- Student has to apply for assistance ship on prescribed application form by
- Announced date of the department. (Forms can be obtained from Fee and Dues department)
- Get the application and submit it to Fee & Dues Department.
- The F&D department shall check the eligibility and documentation requirements for completion and submit in the FA committee of University
- University FA committee shall decide on all the applications within maximum first two months of start of academic term/semester.
- The student awarded MawakhatAssistance ship has to complete 1 hours of social work per Rs.160 of assistance ship. The social work jobs will be at any institution of Riphah International University or its sponsor IIMC Trust. The type and schedule of job will be organized by Provost Student affairs.
1)Students must follow the deadlines to submit Financial Assistance forms. No Financial Assistance form is entertained after the specified date.
2) Financial assistance form must be submitted to Fee & Dues by the student with proper documentary proof. Incomplete form and incomplete documentary proof should not be entertained.
7) Mawakhat Assistance ship:
Student studying in RICAS shall be eligible for this assistances. Under this scheme assistance ship will be awarded to the students who have successfully passes at least one University exam of Riphah International University. The student has to proof Student has to prove his/her financial hardship in front of concerned authorities. Under this scheme student will be entitled for 50% assistance ship on tuition fee in case of Mawakhat Assistance ship. Extent & number of all above financial assistance ship will be the discretion of Financial Assistance Committee. Assistance ship will be awarded for one academic term/semester at a time. The candidate shall have to apply again in the next academic term/semester to get the assistance ship again. For assistance ship in 2nd semester onward student has to achieve CGPA of 3.20 in final exam of each semester else penalty on assistance ship will be imposed as given at the end of this policy.